1st Call for Abstracts will open on 1 April 2019
The World Congress of Veterinary Dermatology is held every four years, and is the largest international meeting of the discipline. We invite our global colleagues as well as those in related disciplines such as pathology, immunology, internal medicine, parasitology, oncology, and microbiology to submit abstracts for presentation at the Congress in Sydney, 20-24 October, 2020.
Abstracts may be submitted under either of the following categories
- Supporting original study
- Free communication (oral)
Supporting Original Studies (SOS)
High-impact studies of interest for an international audience in veterinary dermatology, which align to one of the 6 main themes of the Congress; requires an abstract, oral presentation at the Congress, and manuscript for publication in Veterinary Dermatology; fully-paid registration, air travel and accommodation will be provided to the presenting author (one per abstract) selected in this category. Authors of abstracts not accepted for SOS presentation will be contacted and provided the option of having the abstract considered for a free communication or poster.
Plenary Themes for SOS Submission
|Theme 1 Allergy and atopic dermatitis||Theme 2 Immunity and autoimmunity|
|Theme 3 The cutaneous ecosystem and infectious skin diseases||Theme 4 Skin biology and genetics|
|Theme 5 Advances in diagnosis and therapy||Theme 6 The hair coat and alopecia|
Free Communications (FC)/Posters (P)
Studies of more limited scope or narrower interest; require an abstract, which will be reviewed in a competitive manner by the Program Committee; oral or poster presentation at Congress if accepted; no travel/accommodation or registration costs paid.
Authors for Free Communications and Posters may request a preference for presentation format (oral presentation, poster presentation, either) at the time of submission. However, it is anticipated that oral presentation time will be limited at the Congress and we cannot guarantee that the author’s first choice of presentation will be available. The final decision as to presentation format lies with the Program Committee. Authors will be informed of the format for their presentation after acceptance.
For free communications and poster abstracts, the submission categories will be
|Allergic diseases: pathobiology (pathogenesis and diagnosis)||Allergic diseases: treatment|
|Otitis||Parasites and parasitology|
|Follicular or cornification function or pathology||Skin biology and ecology|
|Infectious skin disease||Neoplastic skin disease|
|Immune mediated skin disease||Rare and novel conditions|
|Equine skin disease||Skin disease of exotic species|
|Miscellaneous diseases||ACVD residents abstracts|
Abstract Submission Details
- All abstracts to be submitted via this Congress submissions page only.
- Submitted abstracts must be complete and are regarded as final. Abstracts stating ‘results will be provided or discussed’ will be rejected.
- All abstracts and presentations must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts must be submitted single-spaced typed, align text left, 12-point font using sans serif typeface such as Arial or Verdana style.
- Abstracts for SOS must not exceed 500 words and for FC and P must not exceed 250 words (excluding the title, authors and affiliations).
- Detailed abstract format instructions and example abstracts are found in the link provided below. Abstracts not conforming to the appropriate format or exceeding the maximum number of characters will be returned to the authors for revision with a risk of not being considered due to delay.
- Multiple abstract submissions are permitted.
- There is no fee for submitting an abstract.
- Abstracts should not contain any tables, figures or references.
- The use of abbreviations and acronyms should be kept to a minimum (see abstract style guide).
- Abstracts must be submitted by midnight AEST, 1 March 2020, for consideration. All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the Congress Program Committee and globally scored according to their originality, quality and relevance. Authors will be notified of provisional acceptance of abstracts by 01 May 2020, including the presentation type it has been accepted for.
- For an abstract to be formally accepted and included in the program, the presenting author must be registered to attend the Congress by 20 June 2020.
|1st Call for Abstracts Opens||1 April 2019|
|2nd Call for Abstracts Opens||1 October 2019|
|3rd and Final Call for Abstracts Opens||1 January 2020|
|Call for Abstracts Closes||1 March 2020|
|Notification of Abstract Acceptance||1 May 2020|
|Early Bird Deadline||20 June 2020|
Terms and Conditions
- The submission of an abstract indicates an understanding of the following rules for participation in WCVD9 2020
- All author(s) approve submitting this work for presentation.
- The author(s) transfer(s) all copyright ownership of the named abstract to WCVD9 2020.
- The author(s) agree(s) to materially confine their presentations to information in the abstract if accepted for presentation. If an author has more than one abstract accepted, each presentation will be materially confined to the information in the abstract selected for the specific session.
- The presenting author will be available to present the abstract if selected for the program. The presenting author will immediately notify the WCVD9 2020 Secretariat if they are unable to present an abstract or if the presenting author changes.
- Submission of the contact details provided are those of the presenter of the abstract. He/she will be notified about the status of the abstract and is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes consent of all authors of the abstract to publication (e.g, WCVD9 AND WAVD websites, programs, other promotions).
- All authors of the abstract warrant and represent that they either are the sole owners of, or have all necessary rights to, sublicense all the information and content in the abstract provided to WCVD9 and its WCVD9 organisers, and that publication of the abstract does not infringe any rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights, or of any third parties.
- All authors of the abstract grant WCVD9a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute and display the abstract.
- All authors of the abstract grant exclusive permission to WCVD9 to record the audio and video portion, if any, of the abstract presentation at the Congress and to collect and retain all revenues from all rebroadcasts (including web broadcasts), sales and publications of such recordings.
- WCVD9 reserves the right to remove from any publication any abstract that does not comply with the above.
- 1st Call for Abstracts Open 1 April 2019
- 2nd Call for Abstracts Opens 1 October 2019
- 3rd and Final Call for Abstracts Opens 1 January 2020
- Call for Abstracts Closes 1 March 2020
- Notification of Abstract Acceptance 1 May 2020
- Early-Bird Deadline 20 June 2020