Getting Around Sydney
Below is some helpful travel tips and information for your holiday in Sydney.
For more information, visit www.opal.com.au.
The Opal card is an easy, convenient way of paying for your travel on public transport in Sydney. It's the only card you'll need to get around on all public transport including trains, ferries, buses and light rail.
TripView displays Sydney train, bus, ferry and light rail timetables, showing your next services. By TripView Pty Ltd.
- Download TripView from the App Store
- Download TripView from Google Play
- Download TripView from Windows Phone Store
Getting to and from the airport
- Sydney Airport is about 10 km from the city centre and easily accessible by train, bus or car.
- Trains depart frequently from underground stations in the airport’s domestic and international terminals.
- Public buses depart from bus stops outside T1 and T3 (but not T2).
- Shuttle buses will deliver passengers to their hotel. Reservations at T1 and T3 information desks.
- Taxis are available from organised taxi ranks directly outside the terminals.
- Rental cars are available at all terminals from various rental companies.
- Personal pickup – there are various passenger pickup zones. For details, check out Sydney Airport’s website.
Car rental services at the airport
- Avis Car Rental: +61 2 8 374 2847
- Budget Car Rentals: +61 2 9 207 9165
- Europcar: +61 2 9 207 9400
- Hertz Car Rental: +61 2 8 337 7500
- Redspot: 1300 668 810
- Thrifty Car Rentals: +61 2 9 582 1762
- 1st Call for Abstracts Open 1 April 2019
- 2nd Call for Abstracts Opens 1 October 2019
- 3rd and Final Call for Abstracts Opens 1 January 2020
- Call for Abstracts Closes 1 March 2020
- Notification of Abstract Acceptance 1 May 2020
- Early-Bird Deadline 20 June 2020